Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

What we had for dinner last night…Baked Pork Chops and Rice

This is my favorite recipe these days. I fix this almost every week. It’s major quick to throw together and put in the oven. My recipe is an adaptation of Tricia Yearwood’s Baked Pork Chops and Rice.

I’ve eliminated the onions and bell peppers from Tricia’s recipe and added in mixed veggies. Her recipe also called for using beef broth, which I think tastes the best, but in a pinch you can use whatever broth you have on hand. I have used beef, chicken, and vegetable broth. The important thing to remember is that you need a total of two cups of liquid.  If I am using chicken or vegetable broth, I don’t dilute it with water unless I come up short of the two cups. I have also been known to use a little of each to get me to the two cups of liquid. I've also made this milk allergy-friendly for my son.

So here’s my recipe for Baked Pork Chops and Rice…



4T. Earth Balance vegan buttery stick 
1 cup Long-grain white rice
4-6 Pork chops (I use boneless chops, but bone-in would work)
1 1/2 cup Mixed frozen veggies
1 1/4 cup Beef broth
3/4 cup Water
Morton’s Season Salt to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the rice and sauté until light brown.

Spread the rice in a 9x13 casserole dish and mix in the veggies. 

Season the pork chops with the salt and arrange them on top of the rice.

Pour the broth and water over the chops.

Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment